I have been doing several projects on my Intellicarve 1013. The last two projects I have done they were carving right along and stopped around 20% and it said job was complete. Can anyone help me out on why this is doing that?
I always check the project by running the border function on the machine to make sure it is going to run at the size I had specified in I-Picture conversion.
Is it possible that you forgot to set the top box to MM or INCH? If for instance you wanted something to be 10.0 inches x 10.0 inches, but left the selection box set to MM you would only get a carve that was .39 inches x .39 inches instead of 10.0" x 10.0" Because 10.0 MM = .394 inches
If you were to try the border function on a piece just to see if the machine runs the correct size area that you have specified in your I-Picture conversion, you could pin down what the problem is or isn't by the process of elimination. My thoughts are that if the border function runs the proper outside area that you have set in a converted file, then there must be some thing wrong with the machine. If it does not run the correct area, then there is something wrong with the actual conversion that I-Picture software has done.
Trouble shooting from afar is always tough. A second question that might help us is whether or not when the carving was done, did it look like it carved the top 20% of your project and left off the remaining 80%? Or did it look like it compressed the entire carving into 20% of your intended area?