Installed Firmware 2.002, which seemed to have fixed some issues but others have developped.
When I run a job, the x-axis stepper seems to stutter and is not smooth at points where it cuts.
When there is a large span that does not need to be cut, the x-axis ramps up and slows down 3/4 of the way across, stops, then ramps up and down at the end. Then it does the same in the reverse direction. Bizarre. I would expect it to ramp up at one end then down at the other, not stopping for no reason in the middle.
I have an email in with the company and they say they are looking into it.
When the machine is moving along the x axis, when ever the height of the carve changes ( z ) the machine ( x ) will slow down to allow the the z to do what ever up and down movement for the relief in the image, when there is flat area in the image you are carving the machine moves steadily thru that. That said it sounds like you have some kind of chatter going on and I'm wondering if the bit is tight enough in the collet, I don't go too crazy on tightening but I make sure it's good and snug.
I don't know what speed you are carving on , but I always use the "normal" or medium setting, it seems to go a lot smoother at that speed for the relief carving. I know it takes longer that way but it yields a better result. It almost looked like in the video it was moving at high speed.
A good test run to use would be to set up machine with the 1/8" endmill, go to microsoft paint and create a 2" x 2" black square save it and open I-Picture set the dimensions to 2" x 2" x .0118 depth, scan step .007874, tool type 1/8" endmill, feed depth per cycle .007874. Once the machine makes the first complete plunge run along the x and the z, it should run smoothly back and forth until the carve is complete.
Here is a celtic knot in a rectangle I have cut using the 1/50th " bit, but you could use the 1/32" as well. Note that the dark background has a texture to it so there will be a lot of up and down on the z.
Sorry to bother Bob, but can you create the GEE file for the square so that I am using exactly what you would. Then I'll run it and note any behaviour that is different to yours.
I'm doing a square at the moment and the ramp issue is still there. Cutting the square is working as it should though which leads me to believe that the gcode files I've been making are very inefficient, in other words, there is exessive tool movement where none is needed.
Here's the 2" square, I put a small gray border around the edge so it should have a border around the square, total size including border is 2" . set to carve with 1/8" endmill, 3mm deep, 1 Pass. when you put your stick in computers usb make sure you are saving the file to the images file on the stick.